How And Where To Display Your Personalized Wedding Art
Your personalized wedding art may be one of the most special pieces of art that you'll ever own. Knowing where and how to display your personalized wedding art can help emphasize its importance and ensure total enjoyment of the piece for many years to come.
Wedding Day Display Tips
On the day of your wedding, your art piece should serve as a reminder of your love for your partner, and ultimately, the purpose of the event. All decisions relating to the display of the piece should come back to this goal.
- Pick a display location everyone will see. Put your personalized wedding art at the entrance to the church or wedding venue where you'll be married, and at the reception, put the art near the front door or lobby to greet your guests. This will help your guests know that they're in the right spot when they arrive, and will help set the mood for your event.
- Use an easel. Put the picture on a lightweight but sturdy easel that can be easily moved from one location to the next. This way, you'll be able to move the art as the crowds move from one event to the next.
- Leave it unframed. Framing the personalized wedding art before the day of your wedding will make your picture clunky, heavy and breakable. For the sake of practicality, put off framing the picture until after the event. If you're concerned about protecting the art, place it in a removable plastic cover for the wedding.
After the Wedding
Once the wedding is over, your wedding art can enjoy a prominent place in your home. These suggestions will help you pick the right display method, so you can continue to enjoy your wedding art after the event is over.
- Keep your art out of direct sunlight and/or behind UV protective glass. Sunlight can cause art to fade over time, especially if your art is placed near a window where it is exposed to direct sunlight on a daily basis. Keep your art away from the path of the sun as it shines through doors and windows. If you place your art in a light-filled room, even if the art is not regularly exposed to direct sunlight, it's a good idea to frame the art behind UV protective glass.
- Have your art professionally framed. Taking your art to a professional framer will help ensure that your personalized wedding art looks its best. Your professional framer will know which mats and frames will match the art itself, which can help the piece "pop" when it's hanging on a wall in your home.
- Consider creating a shadow box. Placing your wedding art in a shadow box will give you a chance to include meaningful mementos from your wedding, including dried flowers or flower petals, an invitation, a wedding glass or a candle. Doing this will help keep your memories of your special day fresh in your mind.
Following these tips will help you get the most out of your personalized wedding art.
3 June 2016